Monday, March 26, 2012

Settling in Quisqueya

    This week I was hoping for a lot of inactive and investigators to come to church. We contacted 73 people this week and contacting is when you find out there names, share a small message of the restored gospel, invite them to church, and return visit.  Ten people told us for sure they were coming. We revisited many of them on Saturday night to confirm they were coming to church. Only one inactive came to church. It was very disappointing! We are going to start calling to remind them once we get this phone situation worked out. So, we can call more than just the district leaders. We will call the people Sunday morning or walk to there homes to pick them up. I´m not exactly sure what we are going to do but I´m sure we will find a way.
    Other news, we haven't had water for a week. Our nice neighbor Oneida lets us fill our buckets and we use that bucket to clean our dishes, to shower with and flush the toilet. I really had it good in America. Í´m not sure I told you but we don´t A/C here however the frequent rain cools the temperature quite nicely. I enjoying eating cereal or studying the scriptures on the patio when it's raining to feel the cool breeze. It's relaxing!  We don't have an Iron, its a good thing we got those wrinkle free shirts or else I would be in trouble. Yes we cook for ourselves. I heard they use to have cooks like a few weeks ago. They use to go to members home to eat but we cant now cause missionaries were wasting too much time eating instead of working. I make cereal, Ramon, omelets and ham, macaroni and cheese, sandwiches, and oatmeal (soon not yet but I did buy it). Yeah, that's pretty much it so far. We don´t have siestas. I wish we did. Although the people take their siestas. The tea time I heard we have 20 Min's to grab something to eat. I just usually grab some crackers or something. I have lost 5 pounds more or less. I learned how to use the dryer it´s not that bad, it works.
    Thanks Andy for that advice. About don´t let the time pass by I still think about that. Thank you for the analogy that's pretty cool. Tell Rachel thank you for writing me. I love when people write me it makes me feel good. Something I have learned is that God knows us in Alma 40 it talks about how many hairs we have on our heads. I have been missing everyone so much. The only thing that makes me feel good is sharing the Gospel and opening my mouth. I love you all so much and think about you all a lot. That´s funny about Alex and Russ. Oklahoma. lol Well I have to go! I love you all! Keep writing me I enjoy hearing from everyone.
-Elder Cudd

No comments:

Post a Comment